Based in Royal Oak, Michigan, the New Edge Figure Skating Club was created in 2010 from a merger between North Suburban FSC and Berkley Royal Blades FSC and has been going strong ever since. The NEFSC is a close-knit skating community. We already have a great tradition started as we move forward in the world of figure skating. Yet the NEFSC never loses sight of its up and coming skaters. Whether they have their sights set on gold at the next competition, aim to be the hit of the spring ice show, or just to learn for the fun of it, the club strives to provide everyone a chance to be successful.
The New Edge Figure Skating Club provides on and off ice training sessions at John Lindell Ice Arena in Royal Oak, MI. Owned by the City of Royal Oak and maintained and managed by Suburban Sports Group, our facility offers two sheets of ice, professional, courteous staff, and a clean, safe, family-focused environment. NEFSC is proud to have accomplished and maintained a harmonious & friendly atmosphere among all of our members and guests and will continue to give emphasis to this important aspect of skating sportsmanship for the benefit of all athletes.
- Encourage and promote the instruction, practice and advancement of the members of the Club of any or all of the disciplines of figure skating.
- Encourage and cultivate a spirit of fraternal feeling among ice skaters and enjoyment of the sport.
- Perform such other acts as may be necessary, advisable, proper, permissible or incidental in the realization of the objectives and purposes of this organization.
- Carry out the general policies and objectives of the US Figure Skating Association (“USFSA”) including the promotion and support of amateur skaters competing at local, regional, national and international levels.
- Act as host to local, regional, and national figure skating competitions as awarded and sanctioned by US Figure Skating Association.